Congratulations Fiances! 🥂
1. You’ve experienced the most wonderfully romantic proposal, that would have Jane Austen scribbling in her note book. ✅
2. Read our blog “Sparkling Beginnings: Essential Tips for Newly Engaged Couples”. ✅
3. Secured a glass of something nice and squealed “We’re Engaged!!” one extra time. ✅
Ok, well you are good to go and as you bask in the lovers glow of this exciting season, the next big decision awaits (insert drum roll 🥁): how and where to tie the know.
In this blog post, we’ll explore three distinct wedding styles – the heartfelt home wedding, the adventurous destination celebration, and the intimate elopement. Each option has its unique charm and romance, and through reading this we hope it offers a chance to get excited about creating the wedding of your dreams, perhaps in a slightly different way than you initially thought.
1. The Home Edit:
- The Whole Crew: Celebrating your love at home or near your home town, often means your nearest and dearest, from your Great Aunt Nora to your childhood bestie, everyone can be there. Side note – This usually leads to some of the best dancefloor moments we’ve seen – we’re not gate keepers, check out some of the moments here! 🕺🏼
- Cost-Effective: Hosting a wedding at home can be more budget-friendly, as you can tap into your creativity with DIY aspects. Yup, we’re talking about all the things you’ve pinned on your Pinterest Board, it’s time to get out the glue and ribbon box.
- Personalised Touch: Infuse your personality into every detail, from decorations to the choice of music, making it truly unique. Use your favourite vendors and build out your dream wedding, steeped in both your personalities every step of the way.
- The Opinions: Having a wedding at home can make family feel as though they have more of a say about, the who, what and where of your day. Top Tip – practice saying “no”.
- Increased Responsibilities: Planning and executing a home wedding may require more hands-on involvement from the couple, family, and friends.
2. Destination Wedding: Jet-Set Romance
- Stunning Backdrops: Imagine exchanging vows against breathtaking scenery, think the snow covered mountain tops of the Dolomites or the lush rice terraces of Bali, creating unforgettable memories in a picturesque location. We’ll cheers to that. 🥂`
- Built-In Honeymoon: Combine your wedding and honeymoon, often at a fraction of the cost, and enjoy an extended celebration and adventure with loved ones.
- Quality Time: This is one of our favourite things about destination weddings, especially for families that are dotted all over the world. Your destination wedding is the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with loved ones over several days, and did we mention it would be in your dream destination. 🌴
- Guest Travel Logistics: Not everyone may be able to attend due to travel costs or scheduling conflicts.
- Planning from Afar: Coordinating a wedding in a different location can be challenging, requiring trust in local vendors and frequent communication.
3. Elopement: Love Unplugged
- Ultimate Intimacy: Elopements offer a private and deeply personal experience, allowing couples to focus solely on each other. Imagine spending every moment of your wedding day together, pouring into your love story and creating intimate memories.
- Flexibility: Choose any location that holds sentimental value or represents your dream setting. This really is one of the most wonderful things about Elopements, you have the freedom to cherry pick your perfect location without the restrictions of capacity. (Here are a few of our dream spots or check out this NYC Elopement).
- Budget Control: With fewer guests and reduced scale, elopements can be more budget-friendly. Freeing up your budget to go towards the things you love, want to treat yourselves to that extra special helicopter trip, go for it. Want to have extra footage of you on Super 8 – we’re here for it! Want to book the extra night at the boutique hotel, you go right ahead.
- Family Expectations: Elopements may not align with traditional family expectations, leading to potential upset.
- Missed Celebrations: Choosing an elopement may mean sacrificing the joy of celebrating with a larger circle of friends and family.
Conclusion: Finding Your Perfect Match
In the end, the decision between a home wedding, destination celebration, or elopement depends on your unique preferences, priorities, and vision for your special day. Consider what speaks to your hearts as a couple, and don’t be afraid to mix elements from each option to create a wedding day that is authentically yours.
Whichever path you choose, remember that the most important thing is to celebrate your love in a way that feels right for both of you.